Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I am Thankful for…..
...the mess to clean up after a party
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
...the taxes I pay
because it means that I'm employed.
...the clothes that fit a little too snug
because it means I have enough to eat.
...my shadow who watches me work
because it means I am out in the sunshine.
...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking.
...all the complaining I hear about our government
because it means we have freedom of speech.
...the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and a garage that needs cleaning
because it means I have a home.
...my huge air conditioning bill
because it means that I am cool.
...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means that I have been productive.
...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
because it means that I am alive.
Nancy Carmody

This Thanksgiving I feel grateful for the many things I take for granted each and every day. People who care about me, New friends to make me smile, still discovering new things all the time, and realizing that this time in my life has the potential to be the best part of my life so far.

May this day help you to see all that you have to be grateful for.

No comments: