Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

Christmas Day has come and gone once again, but the holiday season is still moving forward with a new year now looming on the horizon. As I do every year, I stressed incredibly in the weeks leading up to Christmas....wanting everything to be "right". So many things I want to see and do during this short holiday season as well, I am lucky to make it to one of them. But all of the running around and self induced stress worked out and it was a very nice Christmas.

Perhaps my favorite parts of this particular holiday were the special moments of magic that made their way into my world from friends and family alike. The unexpected Christmas card from someone long absent, the Christmas Day phone calls from friends and family, the unexpected generosity of friends going out of their ways to make me smile with gifts specially created for me lovingly made with time and effort. A very nice couple of days spent with my mom, just enjoying her company and sharing the season together. All and all, A Christmas that made me truly feel the spirit of the season, I am a lucky man for having the luxury of loving family and friends around me.

I hope everyone had a nice Holiday celebration and was surrounded by friends and family.

No comments: