Tuesday, June 17, 2008

South Beach - Phase One - Day One


No matter how much preparation you go through - starting a new diet on a Monday morning is just NOT the best way to begin a work week. But at least you have the newness factor going for you. The wanting to get everything right... to have just what you are supposed to have time that is always at the start of any plan. Hopefully we stay vigilant and not fall into complacency when you stop measuring and start "eyeballing" things and rationalizing that M&M’s must fit into phase 2 somewhere....

Overall the day went well. I was not overly hungry, but did realize that I was not eating in the usual patterns. Had my snacks and was even all ready for dessert....but was too tired to eat it...but it will wait for tomorrow.

My rag tag group of South Beachers joining me had differing reactions. The ones that had been through it before were ok, the newbies most definitely NOT embracing the South Beach lifestyle...but it’s early yet, and once the weight starts to drop, they will whistle a different tune I am certain.

No comments: