Wednesday, June 18, 2008

South Beach - Phase One - Day Two

Commericals are evil. Between the radio and tv commericals that bombard you throughout the day it makes anyone trying to be a good South Beacher a bit rough around the edges. Aside from the rare South Beach commercial it was a sea of fast food, pizza, and carbs. It doesn’t actually shake my resolve any, but what it does do is make whatever I am eating appear much less appealing.

Lunch was interesting. I tried a South Beach entree that is Phase one approved - basically just chicken and green beans. It was ok...basically like a lean cuisine - but without any pasta or potatoes. I had no trouble sticking to my plan, there was a time in the afternoon when I really got hungry but I lasted through til my snack and was ok the rest of the night. I made certain to have my fudgesicle for dessert and that was a surprisingly good change of taste for being no-sugar.

The rest of the bunch also seemed to do well enough...though the work bunch wanted to eat anything in sight by mid-afternoon. So far so good.

No comments: