Monday, June 23, 2008

South Beach - Phase One - Days Six & Seven

I was a little worried about the weekend - all that free leisure time...the normal time for socializing, eating, drinking, etc. I had things pretty well planned out - but there were a few wildcards. Lunch on Saturday with my mom....she knows I am on South Beach, but she also looks forward to when we go to lunch on Saturdays - so I let her choose the place. I figured I can handle most any restaurant and make something work out South Beach friendly.... So I waited in anticipation to find out where it would be. "I think" she said, "I would like to go to the Cheesecake Factory". It could have been worse....I guess....so stealing my resolve..off we went.

I did fine...I ended up with a big Cobb Salad. It was very good, and I did fine watching my mom eat her Chicken Piccata with Angel Hair Pasta and Garlic Bread. Thank goodness she was not interested in any cheesecake....I might have had to just go wait in the car.

Sunday was fine. Went for a walk. Of course unless you go at dawn or 10 p.m. it will be 113 degrees so I went mall walking. First the upper level, then the lower level. It’s a big mall so I felt like I got a decent (and air-conditioned) walk in. The intervals didn’t go very well, but kept up a steady pace.

No comments: